Creating Cultures of Belonging: A Leadership Development Series
Time & Location
About the Event
People leaders are on the front line of creating cultures of belonging. Inclusion is everyone’s responsibility, however, people leaders carry a greater weight. Research shows an employee’s direct supervisor, is the greatest contributor to an employee’s sense of belonging or exclusion.
The Creating Cultures of Belonging curriculum is a series of five 3.5 hour workshops delivered in a brain (and body) friendly framework. The courses are spaced every three weeks for maximum practice and integration between classes. Participants will experience research and neuroscience grounded content, learner centric practices, and adult learning methods to engage individually, in paired groups, and small groups, both in and between workshops
· Experience Innerleadership as an anchor to do the work of inclusion
· Practice building empathy muscle
· Learn and practice listening to understand
· Assess dimensions of diversity and the impact and influence in ones personal and professional lives
· Explore bias and the brain
· Practice recognizing and interrupting bias or exclusion
· Broaden perspective through self-directed education
· Learn to champion inclusion through Allyship
Please attend with a willingness to be stretched, to sit with discomfort, to be vulnerable and authentic. With openness to mindfulness, empathy, curiosity, practice and sharing experiences you will leave this process further along the continuum to becoming an inclusive leader. Better equipped to infuse inclusive behaviors throughout your organization and foster a feeling and culture of belonging. The secret sauce of organizational capability.